Saturday, September 15, 2007

Year 2007 now.
Will be 2010 when I graduate from polytechnic, whichever I go. (TP/ SP?)
I need at least a BA degree (or any equivalent) to get a job in the industry.
Average growth in graphic design industry.
High amount of competitors.
Income of about 20 to 30k per annum for those just starting out.
Lots of deadlines.
Little recognition in SG (though it's better now)
If self-employed:
- No secure income
- No company benefits
- No medisave (unless you volunteer to put it into your account)

But I'd rather be a starving artist than a well-fed, prosperous banker. Haha.

PS: I think the COP for mass com courses will drop to around 11/ 12.

English: 1
Chinese: 3 (confirmed)
Biology: 1
Chemistry: 2/3
Geography: 1
Combined H: ?
Higher Chinese: 3?
A maths: ?
E maths: 4

reference for polytechnic info:
http://www.polytechnic.edu.sg/polyguide/polyguide.aspx?ID=JAE

Whadda all the courses mean anyway? What's the difference between Visual com, mass com, new media, creative media design? >__< *confused*

TP... or SP...?
Nafa, too ex?

Gwarrr.

Okies, that's it for now. I need to study.

No comments: