Who knew Christmas could be such a joy when I thought all festivals were just that: festivals. It’s amazing when you still get the feeling of joy (and the urge to sing as well) even though caroling ended a good eight hours ago. It had been a tiring day offering our voices to the public, but with it come the sense of fulfillment and happiness. I’ve received countless of presents and cards from fellow members of North East, so much so that I felt slightly guilty about not preparing any for them at all. Christmas is all about Christ, and only when you truly understand the meaning of Christmas, then can you truly enjoy it. ^____^
The service was great; it made me laugh and cry at the same time. I was deeply touched by Yushan’s testimony. Pastor Jeff’s preaching was, as always, funny but meaningful. The service (23rd December) left me feeling refreshed and slightly amazed at my inability to hold my tears. We had a Barbecue after that, which was really fun. The rain poured and stopped, and it drizzled for quite a long while. The barbecue still went surprisingly well, and it was a note-worthy moment when the downpour suddenly stopped when our prayer (which was led by yi hui) ended. The games were scary (in my opinion) and our team lost, but it was fun. It was especially funny to see the brothers trying to snatch the balloons and to see the surprise on the victims’ faces when the game master sneaked up on them. And evil zhiwei popped my balloon. The food itself was okay, and I really want to thank those poor people serving us the food. I could never have withstood the smoke and heat of the barbeque. We later played “heart attack ver.2” and had lots of time risking our fingers in the midst of it. 23rd December was a long day for me, but I had lots of fun.
As for today, I really enjoyed the time as well. It was rather amusing when they tried to put a diaper on Jian Cong’s head, and they subsequently attempted to make all the others a diaper-head. Lol. I thought Guihao looked adorable with the diaper, but I shouldn’t digress on it lest she decides to take revenge on me. Haha. Caroling was really great, and though I didn’t really know the lyrics, it went well enough. Ate lots of chocolates these few days… Lol. Christmas always come with the possibility of being too fat.
I feel so carefree these days, even though mastery test is just round the corner. I don’t know the consequences of failing it anyway. Lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment